Information about Measure G
Measure G on the March 3 Ballot to Address School Facilities Needs
Aging Schools Require Repairs
Over the past couple years, the District has engaged in a comprehensive facilities master planning process to identify the most urgent and high priority school facilities improvement needs at our schools. Since many of our schools were built decades ago, the analyses found that our schools are aging and require basic health and safety repairs, as well as 21st-century modernizations to provide quality learning environments for local students.
Upgrades to Outdated Classrooms and Labs
Outdated classrooms, labs and career technical education facilities also need to be modernized to provide a high-quality education. Upgraded school facilities would help support the science, technology, engineering and math education students need to be prepared for college and careers.
Measure G: Local School Improvement Measure
The BOUSD Board of Education voted unanimously to place, Measure G, a $123 million local school improvement bond measure, on the March 3, 2020 ballot to address the school facilities needs identified in the Facilities Master Plans. If approved by 55% of voters, Measure G would cost property owners approximately $49 per $100,000 of assessed (not market) value to:
- Modernize outdated classrooms, labs, restrooms and school facilities
- Repair or replace leaky roofs, rusty plumbing and deteriorating sewer systems
- Improve student access to computers and modern technology
- Update inadequate electrical systems and outdated heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Make health and safety improvements, including improving student drop-off and pick up areas
Mandatory Fiscal Accountability
- A detailed project list, citizens’ oversight committee and independent audits would be required
- All funds would stay local to support BOUSD schools and could not be taken by the State
- By law, no money could be used for administrators’ salaries or benefits
Please contact Richard Champion at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or questions.
Links and Downloads