Intradistrict Transfers (within BOUSD)
Click here for the form: Intradistrict Transfer Permit Application
Brea Olinda Unified School District (BOUSD) provides a process that gives parents the opportunity to transfer to another school within the Brea Olinda Unified School District boundaries. Applications received between March 1-31 receive priority consideration. Applications filed on/after April 1st will not be considered until August when enrollment numbers are stabilized. These transfers are approved based on space availability, site capacity, and staff.
- Students must comply with BOUSD Proof of Residence requirements and be registered at their school of residence/current school before requesting a transfer to another school. Students can determine their school of residence clicking on the School Locator.
- Students attending BOUSD on Interdistrict Transfers may not request for an Intradistrict Transfers.
- BOUSD shall have no responsibility with regard to transportation outside the requested school's attendance area.
- Once an Intradistrict Transfer is approved, the student will continue at the requested school through the completion of 6th grade unless the Intradistrict Transfer Permit is revoked.
- Approved Intradistrict Transfers may be revoked for 1) unsatisfactory attendance, 2) citizenship/behavior, 3) providing false information in making a transfer request, and 4) other reasons that may be determined by the Board of Education.
Interdistrict Transfers (into BOUSD)
- Those requesting new or renewal interdistrict transfer applications must initiate paperwork with their district of residence. One application per student is required. Interdistrict transfers are valid for ONE YEAR ONLY with BOUSD and must be renewed annually.
- If your district of residence does not require annual renewal, BOUSD requires that all families fill out an Interdistrict Transfer Permit form (for non-residence) that can only be received either at the Brea Olinda Unified School District Office or per request by emailing Joyce Kwon
- There is no guarantee of future renewal. Additionally, an approved transfer may be revoked for any of the following reasons: space availability, unsatisfactory attendance, unsatisfactory citizenship/behavior, unsatisfactory academic performance, providing false information in making a transfer request, or other reasons that may be determined by the Board of Education.
- If approved, parents must provide transportation to the selected school.
If you disagree with BOUSD's decision, there are appeal processes in place for your consideration: