To protect the health of all BOUSD students and staff, and to curtail the spread of infectious diseases, the following are the required immunizations for school entry. California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at TK/Kindergarten through 12th grade and all students advancing to 7th grade before entry.
- Polio - 4 doses
- 3 doses is OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap) - 5 doses
- 4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday.
- Booster: For 7th grade advancement, 1 dose is required after 7th birthday.
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) - 2 doses
- Varicella (chickenpox) - 2 doses
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses
For complete immunization requirement details, please see the attached document.
For more information: https://www.shotsforschool.org/